Richard is a Solicitor who has had over 40 years in the legal profession, and was a Partner in Bell Gully from 1981-2006.
During his legal career, Richard gained extensive experience in acting for finance, trust and funds management companies on a wide range of issues including public securities issues. From 1984 through to 2012 Richard acted for The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Ltd, Perpetual Trust Ltd and Covenant Trustee Company Ltd, on numerous corporate trust issues.
Richard has also held a number of governance positions including:
- Director, Pharmacy Wholesalers Ltd
- Member, IHC National Property Committee
- Member, IHC Governance Review Committee
- Chairman, Sommerville Special School Board of Trustees
- Member, Bell Gully Governance Board
- Chairman, Spectrum Care Trust Board
- Chairman, Eastgate Community Trust
- Director, Craigs Investment Partners Cash Management Trust Ltd
- Chairman, Compliance Committee Covenant Trustee Services Ltd
Richard is currently Chairman of Millennium 21 Trust which operates a day service in Panmure for intellectually disabled adults.